Select your city for specific info
Are you looking for a private apartment, shared accommodation or roommate?
forStudents/forExpats will help you find the perfect accommodation!
Private accommodation offers the best comfort for your life abroad. You can choose from fully or partly equipped apartments. Contact our consultants who are ready to help you to choose your new home.
The highest priority and our main concern are to find you an apartment that will meet your demands including the location, size, equipment, budget etc.
Our database includes wide offer of apartments:
- studio, one bedroom;
- two, three, four bedrooms;
- luxurious apartments;
- rent a room/find a roommate;
- short term accommodation.
In these locations:
Types of accommodation:
- long term: Lease contract for minimum 12 months.
- short term: Any period shorter than one year is considered as a short term accommodation in Czech Republic. Prices for short term may be higher than long term rent due to increased additional work.
Fully furnished apartment
What you can expect in fully furnished apartments?
- in the bedroom: bed, study desk with desk chair, wardrobe, bookshelf.
- in the kitchen: kitchen unit with stove, taps, sink, dining table with chairs, refrigerator with freezer (some landlords might provide you with a microwave, oven, cutlery, pots, pans etc.)
- in the bathroom: either bathtub or shower corner, sink, mirror and washing machine. Dryers are not common in Czech Republic.
- in the living room: sofa and coffee table.
Please keep in mind that the vast majority of apartments are not equipped with following items of personal use: sheets, duvets, bedding, towels, cutlery, iron, ironing board, vacuum cleaner, other cleaning equipment, kettle, kitchenware etc.
Before signing the rental contract there are 3 payments to be made:
- agency fee / reservation fee / commission:
- Long term rent: generally equal to one month rent, charged by our agency as a commission fee.
- Short term rent: commision for short term rents are discounted (4 months or shorter). For exact amount send us an inquiry.
- rent: prices for rent are set for each apartment separately. First rent is usually paid in cash (in Czech crowns) together with the deposit. According to the contract, the rent is paid monthly (usually few days ahead before the end of month for following month) in cash or via bank transfer.
- deposit / security deposit (refundable): usually two month´s rent (in case of long term contract). Deposit is mostly paid in cash (in Czech crowns) by signing of rental contract.. It serves as a security in the event, that the tenant fails to pay to the lessor or in case the tenant does not provide final cleaning or causes any damages in the apartment or to lessor´s movable property. After calculation of all errears the security deposit will be refunded to the tenant according to the condition of the individual rental contract.
Why to choose forStudents?
- above-standard services during the whole rental period:
- you are welcome in our office during our working hours any time you need an advise or assistance;
- if your landlord doesn´t speak English, we will communicate with him on your behalf;
- if your apartment needs repairments or cleaning, we can arrange help from our reliable partners - handyman, cleaning lady. See other services.
- possibility of keeping spare set of keys for the needs of tenant;
Arrival and check- in to your new accommodation/apartment
In case you are arriving during ForStudents working hours (to see working hours, click here).
- you will be accommodated for free of charge by ForStudents assistant.
In case you are arriving out of ForStudents working hours
- we advise you to book the hotel or hostel for the first day or two, before our assistant can accommodate you in person to your new apartment.
- Or you will be charged 1000, -CZK /hour for accommodating out of working hours. *
* Price is charged for each commenced hour and per one person.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
1. Send us a message with your rental requirements. Please specify:
- When do you want to move in?
- Are you looking for long term contract (min. 12 months) or short term contract (specify the exact period)?
- What is your approximate budget per month?
- Do you want furnished/unfurnished apartment?
- What location do you prefer?
- What type of apartment do you prefer (studio, one bedroom etc.)?
2. Our consultant will get in touch with you to discuss further details and with the offer of available options.
3. Our consultant will be happy to take you for visit of the apartment or explain how it is possible to reserve the apartment online.
4. Once you make a decision, our consultant will help you to go through the reservation process.